Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweaters at Ann Taylor

I was browsing a few days ago at Ann Taylor online and I fell in love with these sweaters - enough to email the links to myself.  Now, the question is, will I pay the price that Ann Taylor wants, or will I try and find something similiar for less?

First up:  2011 Ann Taylor's "Wedge V-Neck Top."  $88.  Ouch!

A cotton and merino wool blend, comes in three colors:  grey, black, and "hot cappucino" - a fancy name for a sort of camel/beige color. 

What I like about this sweater:  (1) the material blend; (2) the styling is lucious - it's got just the right amount of detailing (ribbing, dolman or bat-wing style sleeve, nicely defined neckline; (3) good length without being too long to look good with a skirt; and (4) in an appropriate body-skimming size, would be perfect over a turtleneck, mock turtleneck or round neck style long sleeve knit for those way below zero days in Milwaukee in the winter, or for a more adventurous (for me) look - a puffy sheer poet-style blouse with gigantic billowing sleeves and a bundle of froth, or even a big fat bow, at the neckline. 

Next up:  2011 Ann Taylor's "Shawl Collar Cardigan with Faux-Leather Buckle."  $98.  More Ouch! 

Okay - I've no idea how that little "squiggle" got there, but it may have something do to with how I copied the photo.  Just ignore it - it really is not a foreign language clue to anything...

This sweater is 10% Alpaca, 30% wool, and 60% acrylic.  It just looks like a HUG wrapping around one, I LOVE this look.  The question, of course, is - what would it look like hugged around me?  LOL!

It would certainly be warm for those cold Milwaukee winters, and look great over just about any color turtleneck, mock turtleneck, henley, or round-collared long sleeve blouse. 

Did I mention these were 40% off (at the time I found them online, September 16, 2011)?  But even at 40% off, I found the reduced prices too steep for my frugal ways.  Well, I've got to save up some money for the Madrid trip in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment