Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Patterns I Love!

Wow - I don't know what happened here.  I thought I had published at least a couple of different patterns I found the other day while schmoozing around the internet - but when I opened this up there was just a big blank page.  Sorry about that!  This is McCalls M6161 and I just saw it at the McCalls website

Here's one that I found that looks so simple to make.  A v-neck and some side seams, what could be simpler, right?  It's the material that makes the outfit - I think this looks fabulous and would look wonderful on 'Sis - hey 'Sis, if you aren't reading this blog, shame on you.  Only kidding, I'll email her with the pattern number and a link.  It seems she's caught the sewing bug lately too...


The question is, where do I find material like that???  This tunic in a solid color just wouldn't be the same.  But a vibrant stripe, maybe, or how about a furry look a/a Sonny and Cher -- wouldn't that be wild! - or this Indian-blanket look. This tunic looks so simple to make, even I could do it - speaking of which, I really must get working on my own snakeskin poncho tunic...

Update:  I passed along the pattern number and a link to 'Sis and she likes this tunic.  She is part Cherokee and will be attending some pow-wows in a few weeks, so she's going to make a trip to the local fabric store and see what she can find.  She's already got "cowboy" hats and boots, not to mention the requisite southwestern look belts and beautiful turquoise and silver jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment