Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Those OTHER Lamp Shades...

Dug out from the depths of the junk room den closet:


This is covered in the same wallpaper that I used to have on the lower portion of the walls in my family room (replaced in about 1996 or thereabouts).  Wow - that was back in the JEWEL TONES era.  LOL!  I still do find it pretty, amazingly enough, although I would not pick out such a richly colored print today.  What a change my neutral tone-on-tone family room is, now.  How much our tastes change over time, even when we think we're not being influenced by "trends" and such.  Digging around in my closets has proven to be like taking a trip through a decorating time capsule! 

One thing that has not changed in the 21 years I've lived here:  that light grey carpeting!


OHMYGODDESS!  I swear this is the twin to the sponged gold and bronze stripped-down lampshade!  This one actually isn't in such bad shape, except the pleated material has some decided "dents" in it, no doubt caused by its being stashed inside the closet for so many years!  I forgot they'd even been stashed there, to tell you the truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment