Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Look for Less: Pearson Room in Traditional Home Update

Thought I was finished with this, but in this morning's Sunday Journal-Sentinel was an ad flyer for Lazyboy and lo and behold, I saw a sofa, and chair that reminded me very much of the same objects in the Pearson ad inspiration photo from May, 2012 Traditional Home that I blogged about earlier this month (see post from April 30, 2012).  Here is the inspiration photo, one more time:


My original sofa selection was a bench seat, which I like most of all on a sofa.  Two cushion sofas are uncomfortable for three people to sit on, and three cushion sofas make people feel as if they're encroaching on their fellow sittees if they "sprawl" a little too much.  Too much like sitting at Sunday tea when you were eight years old, with knees together, feet flat on the floor, balancing a cup and saucer with a vile cold brew.

In today's Lazyboy ad I saw the Metro Stationary Sofa on sale for $699 (originally $999):


It comes with a huge selection of different upholstery.  In the photo above, I selected "Mariner" in Ecru.  It's hard to tell in this image, but the texture/pattern reminds me of the sofa cover in the inspiration photo, even though the color isn't a spot-on match.  This upholstery choice is more expensive, but is also on sale at $999. 

The Metro Stationary Sofa on sale is a three seater (strike against).  There is also a two seater "apartment size" sofa that I like more but is not on sale and starts at $1,219.  Nope, I don't think so, but it sure is cute.  Metro is not a skirted sofa like the one in the inspiration photo, but the shape of the arms is similar and it looks like a modified tuxedo style sofa, both pluses in its favor.  Also comes with two accent cushions, like the inspiration sofa.

Also from the same Lazyboy ad, the Keagan chair, on sale starting at $879, depending upon upholstery selection (originally $1,199). It's got similar lines and a great wood detail on the arms - am loving this chair!


I thought it looked good in "Dimples" in Linen, which would cost $899 on sale:

1 comment:

  1. I love your inspiration picture, and you're right, this sofa and chair are similar to your ispiration picture. That cabinet behind the sofa is beautiful too. Thank you so much for your very kind comment on my blog. laurie

    ReplyDelete