Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Looking for a New Hair Do

I have a niece getting married on August 17th.  I don't think I wrote here about my disastrous decision in letting my hairdresser cut a new multi-layered style into my hair a few months ago.  I did consent, but the person she showed me with this alleged cut (another beautician at the salon)  -- my hair did not turn out looking ANYTHING like hers! 

I was soooo pissed off.  But I'm culpable too.  I had allowed myself back in 2008 to be talked into a non-suitable multi-layered style for my hair (which has developed a definite wave and has totally lost all body, and is probably thinning, as well.  Sigh) that looked absolutely nothing like the photo I had clipped and presented to my hairdresser.

I probably should have gotten someone else then.  But I stayed.  I like her, she's a good kid.  It cannot be easy making a living these days (especially in an expensive downtown salon/spa where the work station rent must be very high) and so I keep going back and I keep making these same stupid mistakes with my hair!

ACH!

Anyway, so I'm growing out this disastrous layered cut and it's driving me frigging NUTS!  It looks bad.  My hair is too thin and too fine to support particularly these see-through wispy bottom layers.

So I'm going to have as much of that bottom layer and the one above it ALL CUT OFF as will take me to ear length with as close to a single length blunt cut bob as I can get when I go in for another trim/cut on July 31st.  I'm not happy about it, because the little bit of "camoflauge" I presently have from this totally unsatisfactory growing-out cut for my triple chin will be totally gone!  On the other hand, while I was sick I lost 4 pounds and miracle of miracles, they seem to be staying off!  Maybe all those fruits and vegetables I've been eating are finally working.  Don't know - we'll see.  But I actually look slimmer -- or maybe I'm just fooling myself.  Four pounds could not possible make that much difference.  The triple chin has not disappeared, it just looks smaller.  Or my eyesight has gotten that much worse (a distinct possibility).

Here is what I wished my hair might look like (and me, too):




 Well you know, darlings, even when I was 18 and weighed 105 pounds I never did not have a slight little bulge of fat beneath my chin.  Sigh.  But I wear bangs and this hair cut, while not exactly being complementary to my soon to be 61 year old profile, WILL nonetheless make me much happier about how my hair "handles."  And it may look a wee bit thicker, too, with most of those wispy layers gone at last!

I got new shoes - MUCH easier process this time than for the trip to St. Louis last summer -- and I've got some alternative outfits planned -- it's all dependent upon how much weight I can lose between now and August 17th!  EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment