Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Work-Out Saturday

Hola darlings!

I was such a good girl this morning :)  I took the long way around to the Dollar Store and with stops there and at the Pick 'n Save supermarket on the way back home, I did a 3 mile walk in 1.5 hours!  My buddy Ann and I used to walk during lunch hours downtown and we'd do about 3 miles (city block miles) in that hour, but that was back in like 2001, so I'm very proud of myself.  Plus, it was humid -- fortunately not scorching hot, but I was dripping sweat and my jeans and shirt were clinging to me when I walked through the front door.  Was able to sleep with the AC off last night -- but I may need to turn it on near the evening just to cool the house down a bit -- we'll see.  When the shade comes around to the backyard this afternoon I'll cut the grass.  All the trees out back give me good shade.  I missed the shade out front this morning (my house is oriented front to the east, back to the west) because I left the house at 9 for the trip to the Dollar Store, so I'll have to wait until about 6 this evening to cut the front yard.  So now, I'm blogging :)

Trips up and down the stairs later on for laundry (washer and dryer are in the basement; laundry is in the second floor closet).  Let's see - what else can I do that's a work-out?  Maybe I should finally start one of the paint jobs - nah.  I'll put some music on and dance around the house for 30 minutes.  Yeah - that will work! 

Anyway, I was very disappointed with the Dollar Store.  First of all, they actually moved their location - but fortunately for me they were still in the same little strip shopping center where they were before, it just moved to a smaller store.  Their gift bag selection was a bust.  I did pick up bargain white tissue paper for the gift bags, and I found suitable card stock, too, so the trip wasn't a total bust. 

So that was why I decided to stop at the Pick 'n Save - but other than picking up a few things no gift bags from there, either.  They didn't have the right size or color(s) I wanted.  So, tomorrow it will be off to Walgreens and I'll buy the black ones I had my eye on all along (should have saved myself time and just bought them then!) plus some really cool black and white houndstooth check tissue paper.  That's about as close to a chessly theme as I can get, it seems. 

So - that 4 pounds I lost is STILL off, yippee!  These size 16 shorts are now about 2 inches too big in the waist, yippee!  Would I be able to fit back into my favorite suit?  Hmmmmm, I still don't think so and I don't want to try it until I banish another couple of pounds.  Can I do it before August 17th and the wedding?  Don't know, but I'm working on it!  In the meantime, though, Plan B outfit is:

my new shoes:
These are "Marissa" by Lifestride. I got them on sale so I didn't pay $54.99 for them.

Straight knee length pencil skirt in black poly-crepe (full lining) - I bought mine at Penney's last year and had it hemmed to custom length by Miss Diane at P'Dia.  This one by Worthington looks like it but I think mine was Jones of New York -- I wouldn't have bought it ordinarily except it was on super duper sale at the time and the price was right:



And the top by Black Rainn (worn with a black cami underneath):


Hello!  That's me in September, 2011 in St. Louis, Missouri at the chess doings 'Sis and I attended.  Hmmm, yes, that top definitely does make me look fatter than I am (not that I'm not -- fat that is -- but I'm not that fat).  How disappointing.  I love the top!  It's floaty and airy and beautifully printed in abstract neutrals.  But I really shouldn't wear it unless I'm a good 20 pounds lighter.  And that ain't happening by August 17th!

Drat!  Damn!  Boo Hiss!  Must I really go on a hunt for the perfect top to wear to my niece's wedding?  If only I could liposuction 3 pounds of fat out of each upper arm and another 5 pounds from around my "waist."  Ach!   I'd do it if I could afford it!  Unfortunately, money now being saved is for a new roof on this house next year.  Drat! Damn!  Boo Hiss!

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    Just stopping in to say Hi!! I am so sorry I haven't visited lately but I have been having porject mania....one after the other , after the other!!!
    I think maybe it is the thyroid medication that I was started on giving me all this energy!!
    You are a far better woman than i am walking in this heat. I can not stand the heat and I am couped up in the air conditioned house!!
    I have lost 17 pounds so far this year but only becuase of my IBS and not being able to eat at times. However, I am going to keep trying to lose weight because i sure do feel better.
    I would like to start walking but I just can't bring myself to do it. I could go to the mall which is 5 minutes away and walk in air conditioned comfort but again, I just can't bring myself to do it!!
    Well, I thought I would pop by to let you know that I did not fall off the face of the earth!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb,
      We know what we're supposed to do in order to live "healthy" lives but it's so darn hard to do it! The heat here has been horrible, accompanied with very high humidity mostly -- today will be another scorcher but we may get thunderstorms later on. We need rain; we've gotten some but there is a definite water deficit. When I went out to put fresh water in the bird baths this morning and check my plants, I can see the grass is already laying down a little, a sure sign it needs watering. Soooo, no cutting today, which means I will NOT be getting all sweaty, funky and dirty doing it and come in looking like I just took a shower (I sweat that much I get soaked from head to foot - it's embarrassing!) I'll wait for tomorrow, which is supposed to be cooler and less humid air (we'll see). I am happy to report that I have misplaced another pound and I am now solidly established in the 170s. We won't mention that for my height and bone structure I should be in the 130s... Working on another 5 before the August 17th wedding. I'll get up the courage to try on that suit jacket next week. Thursday night I tried on the dress I wore to the LAST family wedding (in 2004) and it fit! It looked good, actually. But with its light floral print and floaty material, I would have to get different shoes than the comfortable ones I bought. Oy, as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say "It's Always Something."

      Delete