Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Beautiful Bedroom: The Look for Less!

Hola, darlings!  It's another beautiful day in Milwaukee but not quite as warm as yesterday, which is a good thing because I actually worked up quite a sweat wearing my heavy blue sweatshirt to cut the grass out front earlier today and had to stop half-way through and change into a tee shirt!  Front lawn is done; I should be attending to clean-up out back but instead I'm fooling around doing this instead, and I've put the sprinkler on out front.  Crazy, you say!  Yep, that's me. But it's been dry here again!  And I've got lots of dead areas in my front lawn from the really bad infestation of sod web worm this year coupled with that blasted drought.  Even though I watered (and paid for it, too, geez louise!) it's not the same as a good soaking rain once a week; sprinklers just cannot get the water spread evenly enough.

Anyway, I want to make sure the damaged areas get plenty of water and I've been fertilizing, so the grass is growing nutso where it is actually growing, LOL!  There is a large are on the south area of the lawn that is in really sad shape.  I think I may have to have it torn out and start all over again with sod (no time to seed now, it's already the end of September - yep, that's me, always coming up with plans way too late, maybe I do that on purpose...) 

Moving my attention to the loveseat or similar piece in the Inspiration photo:


Here's the pic, once again, from Traditional Home's online website.  As I've mentioned before, lots of pricey
antiques or specially-made furniture is evident in this beautiful room design.  I only have the photo, none
of the particulars about who put it together or where items were obtained.

My prior posts on this room:

The secretary
The bed
First post/introduction

I broke the room down into six elements to try and replicate in a reasonable facsimile for a reasonable price: bed; dresser; mirror, love seat; secretary; chair. 

This post is dedicated to the love seat -- and every time I write that for some reason B-52's smash hit song from the 1970's Love Shack comes to mind...  Anyway, on with the love seats!

The first place I looked was World Market because I recently did a post about using only World Market furnishings to furnish my living room (if it were bare) and I remembered WM had the cutest tufted back love seat:


Isn't she adorable?  It's Erin Cute-as-a-Button (because of the multi-colored upholstered buttons) and it $450 (not including shipping).  Size 60" long, 32" deep, 32" tall.  Expresso finished solid birch legs.  Erin is upholstered in linen-textured fabric in natural.

Okay, so she's not skirted in rich velvet and doesn't have a separate no-doubt down-filled seat cushion!  But Erin would do the job at the foot of the bed.

I also found the Emma studio size tufted sofa at Home Decorators:


On sale right now for just $343, plus $75 standard shipping -- such a deal!  Regular price is $429, which is still less than World Market's Erin love seat.  Emma measures 50" wide (so 10" less length than Erin), by 32" deep, 32" tall.  The upholstery is textured polyester chenille and it comes in natural and charcoal, which I think would look extremely sophisticated in a neutral color-scheme such as the Inspiration bedroom.  The wood trim/legs are in an espresso finish. 

Note the leopard print pillows on the love seat in the Inspiration photo. 

This cheetah print 18" square pillow is from Bed Bath and Beyond (online) and is $19.99:

Not exactly a leopard print, but it is feline :) 

Overstock.com has a good bargain - a twofer in four different animal prints (including cheetah and leopard) at under $30:

No comments:

Post a Comment