Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Oh Crap, More Storm Damage!

Whoa Darlings!  Well, I have good news!  My Mom is doing much better and is going into a rehab facility where she can work with physical therapists to get her strength back.  Thank Goddess!  She is happy and so are all of we!

For my own self, also pretty good news.  I am not going to die in about 3 years or less, I should (hopefully) live much longer.  The PAH is not nearly as bad as my primary doc, Heart Doctor #1 and Heart Doctor #2 thought!  Nope!  That terrorizing heart catheterization proved that earlier tests' results were grossly over-stated.  I still have a form of atrial fibrillation that is best treated by an electrical "shock" to the heart, and thereafter I will be on meds to regulate my heartbeat for the rest of my life, but sure beats the alternative, or a pacemaker!    The mitral valve leak, on the other hand, they won't do anything about until it gets really bad, and right now it's not anywhere near "really bad."  So that's good news, too!  Regarding those killer-pressures inside my lung arteries and capillaries, well, guess it seems those weren't so bad after all, either. 

So, I'm wondering, did my tests get mixed up with someone else's?  Was my heart ultrasound tech high on something when she was doing my test?  And just why the hell did it hurt so much, anyway?  I've had other kinds of ultrasounds before and none of them hurt as much as this one did.

All unknowns, never to be resolved unless I intend to undertake a representing-myself malpractice suit.  Ain't gonna happen, darlings, I can tell you that!  I've got better thing to do with whatever time I have left, and you know what, it still could be three years (or less) or 30 years.  The bottom line -- those docs don't know jack shit when it comes right down to it.  There you have it.

Anyway, I went out into the back yard last evening after I got home to get a better grip on the clean-up I'm going to have to undertake this weekend, and lo and behold, in my backyard I found a newly deposited LARGE limb, and in my next-store neighbor's yard, that giant "branch" that had torn off one of my trees (probably the Granddaddy tree that hovers outside my kitchen window) and settled right on top of the tree that is in the middle of their back yard (thereby saving their house from some serious damage if this limb had struck it!) had finally come down during the strong winds sometime during Wednesday. 


Yeah, it's a big sucker.  This photo does not do it justice.  I should be able to break it down into component pieces and stuff it into my yard waste containers, but I'll need to use my hand saw to tackle the lower limb (not shown in this pic, the "branch" was just too long!)  I tugged  this "branch" down last evening from the tree where it was dangling whose trunk is shown in this photo. Quite a work out! 

When I was coming down the stairs Thursday morning to leave the house for the walk to the bus stop, it was finally light enough outside for me to see my my neighbors' yard.  Oh my!  I mean, I understood when I talked to my neighbors a few days ago that the "branch" that landed on top of their tree and somehow balanced there (for a few days, anyway), was a big one, but I had no idea just how big!


Sorry for the photo quality, it was taken through a screen and a closed window.  The photos that I took after with the window open were even worse, with glare coming off the glass to the right.   Well, you can get an idea of how large this "branch" is.  Buster (the dog) is just about 12 o'clock high, center top!  You can also see part of the other "branch" that fell on top of the fence, balancing "just so" with 'half' on my neighbor's side to the north and 'half' on my side to the south.  Insurance company still has not sent around a clean-up crew.  Well, tomorrow I'm tackling my yard clean-up (since I do not have to work after all, ya hoo!) despite forecasted chilly rain and 30 mph winds from the NW.  Bah! I spit in your face, Northwest Wind, despite having it blown right back at me!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment