Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Look for Less: Ballard Design's Calais Bedroom 2

The Calais Bedroom:



I started my hunt at the top of my list:  looking for a slightly curved top queen-size tufted headboard in a reasonable facsimile for less money (preferably a lot less) than $614.00 (plus shipping).

I looked at Target first, but they didn't have any tufted headboards in anything resembling a suitable blue. There were neutrals galore, and neutrals galore at Home Decorators, too, which was my next online shopping stop. 

I fell in love with the shape of this queen size headboard that comes in Carribean Blue velvet for $399.00 plus $45.00 shipping for a queen size, Tufted Arch Headboard, Item 04686.  What's not to love? It is not the shape of the Calais Bedroom headboard but really makes a statement. 


 

I think it's just drop-dead gorgeous!  The color, though, is lighter than the blue in the Calais Bedroom headboard.

For the same price, also at Home Decorators, you could get this Tufted Princess Headboard, Item 04684, also in Carribean Blue velvet:



This next style headboard more closely resembles the Calais Bedroom headboard in shape, but the color is several shades different.

I found this headboard at Wayfair.com, it's the Skyline Furniture Linen Curved Tufted Headboard, SKU #: SKY2924 | Part #: 340TLINNVY, and it is $342 for a queen size (same price for twin, full and queen) plus free shipping -- at least right now (30 are in stock):


This headboard is in Navy linen -- not the velvety look of the Calais Bedroom headboard but the color is deeper than the Mediterranean Blue of the two Home Decorators headboards (above).  The lines of this headboard are in-between the lines of proposed headboard 1 and proposed headboard 2.  I like it a lot.  This headboard would be about $100 less than headboard 1 and headboard 2.

I choose.....headboard 3!  Now, on to shopping for the ottoman.

No comments:

Post a Comment