Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crazy Weather/Pretty Pictures

Hola darlings!  I can't believe it's already been over a week since my part of SE Wisconsin got some wet heavy snow, about 9 inches or so piled up in my driveway which seems prone to drifting.  We had been getting dribs and dabs of light, fluffy snow nearly every day for 3-4 days, thanks to Alberta Clippers from Canada, but I was able to sweep that snow off the front stoop and driveway to get down to the road with no problems.  Not so the heavy wet stuff. 

Anyway, it sure was pretty around here for a couple of days.  The temperature did not drop to blistering cold and there were no winds to speak of, so the snow that had coated trees and shrubs throughout the area stayed intact for two-three days!  It was beautiful.

After returning from my usual Saturday hike to and from the Pick 'n Save a week ago, I pulled out my camera to take pictures about 11 a.m., just in time too, because shortly afterward, a wind sprang up from the south and within a few hours the snow was all blown off the trees and shrubs!

Backyard looking southwest

Backyard looking northwest

Front yard view from the road toward my backyard (Maison Newton on the right)

A few toward the east on Leroy Avenue, a few steps away from my house
It was pretty, so pretty, and the weather was mild for this time of year.  Most of the snow melted and it's turned cold again (going down to zero at night).  I am hoping we do not get any more "big" snow.  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment