Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Think Spring! Pastel Fashion Jewelry and Accessories

Hola everyone!

I am sooooo glad today is Saturday.  It was a very long, hard, cold cold cold week here in SE WI.  I might be getting acclimated though (finally).  Up until a few weeks ago, it had been an extremely mild winter, very little snow around here and moderate temperatures (for us).  But then those damn Canadians up north had to export some of their cold air to us, yep, I swear they just did it to be mean!  Even though the wind chills have been well below zero I made it to work every single day, and did not experience the breathing difficulties I had on January 21, that made me stay indoors on the 22 and 23!  I hate giving up my precious time off days just because I can't breath outside.  Geez. 

Yellow carbochon  and gold medal stretch bracelet

Yellow silk/cotton blend, 6 ft. long
infinity scarf

Crazy damn weather.  Was it just Tuesday we had a near record-breaking high of 60F, and 20 below zero F the next night, but not before we had a doozy of a thunderstorm, with lots of thunder, lightning, and nearly 2 inches of rain over a 24 hour period.  Now that's a bitch from Mother Nature and that's no lie.  I HATE THIS FRIGGING CLIMATE!

It was supposed to "warm up" this weekend, and we may even get up to 17F today, woo woo!  Right now it's calm, but it's snowing.  Damn!  Got about 2-3 light, fluffy inches of the white stuff last night, another inch is supposed to fall today, another inch tonight, another inch tomorrow, another inch Monday.  Yep, it's a snowy and slow death by inches.  I'm not supposed to shovel, but what the hell am I supposed to do?  I live alone, that's a fact, Jack, and I do take it easy.  I'm not clearing out my entire driveway like I used to (and all those years I was thinking it was good exercise, HA!), now I only clear a decent path so I can get from the front porch to the road.  Anyway, if I don't get a path cleared right after it snows, when will I ever get a path cleared? 

Pink carbochon and gold bead stretch bracelet

Pink/white butterfly print
6 ft. long scarf

And my blasted patio door is frozen shut!  I tried the WD 40 in the track trick - didn't work.  Sprayed the WD 40 all the way around the door, and the sprayer thingy stopped working and I am hacked off because there is still plenty of WD 40 in the can -- I can feel it when I shake the can!  Geez Louise, cheap SOBs cannot even make a decent spray can anymore.  Probably made in a slave labor factory in China.  Anyway, looked up on google "how to unfreeze a patio door" and I'm not supposed to use water (that seems counter-intuitive anyway since it was water that caused the problem in the first damn place!), am not supposed to use a hair dryer (wouldn't work with me anyway as I'd probably have to stand there for who knows how long and I just won't waste that precious time trying to thaw out my patio door).  So, guess I'm stuck until we get another 60 F day, sometime in May.  I've been using the garage service door to get to the backyard to put food out for my critters. 

So, it's moderately "warm" today, I shoveled out a path, took my heart pill, I sat down here slightly after 9 a.m. to continue my unending love affair with my trusty old Toshib lap-top and I will go to the store after it stops snowing out there -- I hate being smacked in the face with blowing snow!  Again it's the light fluffy kind.  That's sort of a curse, you know, because when the winds pick up later on, which they are forecasted to do, all my shoveling work will probably be in vain, that light fluffy crap will blow all over the place. 

Purple, turquoise an clear rhinestone stretch bracelet

Purple, teal and pink cotton/rayon
"Mayan Print" 6 ft. scarf

Okay, enough bitching and moaning.  I really do not feel like doing a blessed thing today, but later on I will trek to the Pick 'n Save; I must take apart my bare nekked Christmas tree and wrap it in it's sheet and haul it out to the garage until December, and I am finally going to pull out my super-duper ultra-heavy down J.C. Penney's red floral print/red-white-black check comforter and wrestling it on to my bed, in the hope that this sheer act of muscle power will scare away that nasty Canadian weather!

But, before I do any of that, I want to pass along to you some really cute/pretty things I window-shopped at Sam Moon on line.  The colors are bright and cheery and remind me of wonderful spring to come.  Well, usually Wisconsin springs are not so wonderful, they are cold and crappy until one day it hits 90 and it's summer for a week or two, and then we finally et a few decent weeks of weather in September.  LOL! 

All of the cute and colorful things above come from Sam Moon online and are all priced under $10, many under $7.  Sorry, I did not provide links to these items, cost or even much of a description.  I was just window-shopping!   These items caught my eye, but one could spend hours looking at Sam Moon's website, there is so much there!  I was thinking how much just one bracelet and a coordinated scarf could brighten up a basic black work outfit. Add a little wrist-strap bag or wallet/clutch for even more color pop (all from Sam Moon, priced under $12):









Okay, time to get to work around here...

2 comments:

  1. Twenty years ago I lived in Montana. It was gorgeous but boy was it cold. Most of the winter it would hover between 0 and -20, brrr! I now live in SLC. It gets cold here too but not like MT or Wisconsin. I feel for you :) I hope the groundhog was right and we have an early Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    Hello!!

    First off, did you enter my Giveaway for a $25 Gift Card to the Dollar Tree to celebrate my 3rd Blog Anniversary??? If not, please do!!

    Those crochetted trees that you asked about are from Bon Ton about 5 years ago.... I am thinking that you could proablably make ones similar if you wrapped a doilie around a cone shaped item and used the fabric stiffener on the doily. My friend made doily baskets like that... wrapping the doily around a bowl....

    It is in the 40's here with sun and truly a beautiful day but we have had snow and freezing rain over the last week!!

    Hope you have a great weekend, my friend!!
    Did You see in the one post, Joe let me publish his famous Whimpie ( Sloppy Joe) recipe , if you are interested!! LOL!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete