Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Blessings to All!

Happy Easter everyone!

Okay, I tried to do double bunny-ears but wasn't very successful.
Don't ya just love my Easter finery - baggy grey stained sweatshirt? I've
lost weight!  Hmmm, I think I look rather like Mr. Spock - need to do something
about those eyebrows...  And notice - yes, it's true, I actually do
live in a ruined mansion whose walls are falling apart...  Geez, I
seriously need to do something about my hair.  Head transplant, maybe...

The sun has been out the past several days and temperatures here in southeastern Wisconsin, while still below normal, have stayed above freezing even at night, and a lot of the snow cover has melted and continues away. YIPPEE!  That, of course, gives me a horrible itch to pull out my rake and gloves and get going on yard clean-up - whew - what a mess out there!  But that's still at least a couple of weeks away, short of a miracle streak of weather in the 50's with drying winds!  Ground is as mushy as a rotten tomato right now, ICK!  My sump pump is running, the robins and blackbirds have returned, the juncos will soon be gone on their way back up north, and the other birds are going bonkers right now with their mating rituals.  The air is filled with bird song, and it's so beautiful!

I celebrate Easter, but I am not religiously inclined.  That does not mean, however, that I am not without faith in a Great Creator, who made all things and put into motion forces that I suspect we human beings will never fully understand, at least not until we get our hearts in tune with the Universe.  Not easy to do, evidently, and that makes me so sad. 

But whoever first said that hope springs eternal in the human heart sure had that right!  Because spring, the season of renewal and rebirth, springs forth each year, even though sometimes it seems it will never come (like this year!!!)  And with it, for me personally, come renewed energy, more than my usual "glass is almost full" optimism, and hope.  During Easter Christians of varying denominations surround themselves with symbols of such renewal which, however, predate the death and resurrection of the Christ by thousands and thousands of years.  Muslims, Jews and other faiths and ancient traditions do the same:  first fruits, symbols of fertility (eggs and rabbits), feasting foods, spring blossoms. It seems that as far back as we can go in our written history, and even then some, these practices have been with humankind, in various forms, all around the world. We celebrate the renewal of life and our hopes for peace, prosperity and the blessings that come annually from Earth's glorious renewal, and look forward to long days of sunlight, warmth and abundance! 


Warm Badger Baked Ham (the BEST) and fresh hard-crust rolls, served with butter
and local brand Koop's Honey Mustard.  I'm nearly 62, born and raised in Milwaukee, WI
and this is one of our local traditions I've celebrated for as long as I can remember. 
I do not know if it's from the Germans or the Poles, but from whoever, THANK YOU!

Special treats and first fruits!

 Dark chocolate Easter bunnies and pascal lamb, and jelly beans!
Good for one's heart.  I've already eaten the others in the package...

White Zinfandel wine - love the pink!

Lots of Dove dark-chocolate eggs, YUM!  I've been happily munching
over the past week, two or three a day.  Good for the heart, ahem.

One must have an Easter Basket, of course!
Eggs are filled with special treats that will keep me
happy for weeks and weeks!

And daffodils!  I bought two 20-stem bunches for $4 each.
I've got one now sitting next to this laptop (off the counter,
darlings!) and already they're making restless rustling
noises and soon the film around the base of the buds
will start to creak and then pop off!  POP! And the flowers
will slowly open, one by one.  A miracle taking place right in
front of my eyes.  The green of fresh live and the yellow of sunshine.

 
Geez Louise, almost forgot my Easter Bunny Ears!  Pepper Spray, one of those Rocking Cougars I ride the bus with to/from work, gifted each of us with a pair at the beginning of last week, and we wore them and wore them!  MAKING PEOPLE SMILE.  And ourselves too, of course, darlings :)


I AM the Queen of ALL I survey.

Easter Blessings to All of You and Your Loved Ones, Darlings!  Doncha just love my dimples :)

2 comments:

  1. I sure love those dimples!! LOL!!
    Wishing you had a lovely Easter!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Debbie. I'll be visiting soon. I was working on family tree things this weekend and struggling to find the right combination of pictures for the bottom part of the gallery wall. The top half came together quickly and looks just fine; it's the bottom half that is driving me nuts! I made some progress last night - finally - but it still is not quite right. I'll be visiting soon. I have lots to catch up on!

      Delete