Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving: Removing All Traces of Fall and Naked Front Room

To all who celebrate this American national holiday, Happy Thanksgiving, woo woo!

I HATE the gloom and the sub-freezing temperatures this time of year, and we've really gotten wolloped in SE Wisconsin. Early snow, windchills to zero and below zero, eeeuuuuuwwww!  What the Flying F? I've already pulled out my "light weight" (ahem) down walking coat.  In the old days, I think they were called "car coats."  They are constructed in such a way that if you get stuck overnight in a car you may lose your hands and feet to frostbite but you'll still be alive when the deputy sheriffs who patrol the roads here find you the next morning because your heart and lungs will still be pumping some blood to your brain. 

On the first day of my four-day Thanksgiving Weekend, I got up at my usual time (around 6 a.m.) and after doing a pile-up of dishes accumulated during the past week I pulled out the slow cooker and put together a beef burgundy for myself.  Target cooking time 6 hours.  I then set to clearing out the autumnal decor in the house.  Got everything packed away AND labeled, thanks to inspiration from Thrifty Decor Chick about getting organized and such.  Well, I'm sorta organized.  At least I should be able to remember that a cardboard box that reads FALL in black thick crayon writing means "Autumn" and not "Fall down the stairs, woman."  Check back with me next year.

Then I shoved around the furniture trying for a suitable arrangement since the recliner, which used to reside in the family room, is now in the front room.  It fits wells in here, it really does, and I love having it in here where I can catch a snooze across from the fireplace.

Naked Room:



But this is causing a problem now, because in addition to the recliner (which ain't going back into the family room, I worked my butt off dragging, tugging, hauling, shoving, pushing, grunting, sweating, etc. etc. to get it into the front room) I put the beautiful Queen Anne style console table I bought from my sister Yvonne next to the fireplace.

Something's got to give.  As you can see from this photo, the only logical place for the recliner is next to the fireplace.  But that means I have to remove the Queene Anne console.  Oh no!  LOVE that table. Shoot-a-boot!

BTW, tons of stuff piled up on the coffee table from the mantle/mantel, top of the curio cabinet and the Queen Anne console table.  I cannot believe I've go so much STUFF in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment