Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Back to the Drawing Board on Christmas Decor for the Dinette

8:49 p.m.  I will be returning the Darby curtain panels to Cost Plus World Market on Monday (when I get back to the office).  The company has a 10 day "price guarantee" policy.  I discovered this sale on day 15 after the date of my order, and merely by accident, because I wanted to post a link to the product in my earlier post today about the beautiful curtain panels.  It was then I discovered the panels were on sale.  If I buy them at the sale price, I will save about $22 on my purchase price. After emailing the company earlier this evening and receiving a reply, I am shit out of luck. The product is going back.  I will reorder it (maybe), at the sales price, but I have to tell you that right now, I am so pissed off, I may never ever buy another thing from Cost Plus World Market.

Now how fricking stupid is a policy that pisses a customer off so much, I ask you!

Updated Sunday November 16, 2014:

Hola everyone!  It started snowing last night and by this morning, we got about 1.5 to 2 inches.  Today felt positively balmy, temperature wise, when I got up, got dressed, and headed out with the shovel.  I cleared the sidewalk (didn't have one of those for 24 years, now I've got one again, sigh), then the walkway to my front door so the mailman has a clear path, then the driveway, and finally, the patio.  The squirrels were waiting eagerly for their hazelnut ration and I wanted my breakfast!

Squirrels are fed, I'm fed, the Sunday paper reading ritual is nearly complete (I'm taking a break to write this), and -- oh, it is pretty, light flurries at the moment.  The snow residue has melted off the patio.

I did some research on my rug issue and found this very informative website.  The rug it used as an example of one coming out of long-term storage has the same lumps and bumps as mine:

Their rug.
 
My rug.
By the way, I realized while taking the photo (above) that it is not navy blue, it's black!  I couldn't believe my eyes, but the bright flurorescent lights in the wreck room reveal all secrets.  My slippers are black, so I did this to test it out:


Yep, sure looks black to me. 

In the meantime, just having the rug resting flat overnight in the heated wreck room has made some difference in "relaxing" the ridges, ripples, bumps and bubbles.  I can let it rest and relax for the next three weeks and give it "regular" wear by walking on it and vacuuming, or I can help it along by placing weight on it.  So I think I will help it along because I don't have three weeks until my 4-day Thanksgiving Day weekend!  I'm going to flatted out some of my cardboard boxes to cover the rug evenly and then place my unpacked boxes of books on top of the cardboard, starting in the center and working out to the edges.  Another work-out today, wow (not to mention having already gone up and down the basement stairs about ten times while doing laundry).

Meanwhile - BLACK!  The dark areas in the rug are NOT navy blue, they're BLACK!  Holy Hathor!  I honestly did not remember that and yesterday, in the upstairs light, it sure looked navy blue to me.  But it's not. 

So, what to do, what to do? 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete