Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, July 1, 2016

Shezebo: The Setting

Hola!  I'm going up north to visit one of my sisters and B-I-Ls over the 4th of July.  They don't have internet access at their cabin and I don't have one of the smart phone thingies so I'll be unconnected.  I'm taking books along for entertainment - GASP! - what a concept!

My Shezebo was delivered this morning and I am SO happy!  When I get back from my mini-vacation I will begin contacting contractors to get quotes to have the shezebo constructed.

Here are some photos of my backyard (pre-Shezebo) taken a few days ago:




My Shezebo will be squared to the corner where the birdbath is presently sitting, about 10 inches from the edge of the concrete.  A new privacy fence (about 2.5 feet taller) will be installed along the north lot line (see third photo above) and the raised bed is going to be extended to go all the way across the yard to join the raised bed on the east lot line (you can see that bed in the first and second photos above).

I'm going to have a greatly expanded planting area for more perennials and will also be adding planting beds around the patio next year.  I am also thinking about extending the patio out from the north side by using flagstone to fill in the grassy area up to the north planting bed - but we'll see about that.  There is a lot to do before I get to seriously considering that idea pros and cons

One thing is sure: my backyard is going to look a whole lot different once the shezebo is up!

Have a safe and happy 4th of July holiday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment