July 16, 2017:
Hola! Where does the time go, Geez Louise! Half summer is already gone, and I am first now updating this from last December, tsk tsk. Bad Jan! So, been busy puttering around the yard, as always, and paying more attention than I probably should be to politics. The kitchen "remodel" is on hold due to budgetary constraints, but I hope to have that remedied before the end of the year. And I have yet to paint the guest room - it's only been 3 years now since I moved in to this version of Maison Newton, I'm not lazy or anything, nope... LOL! Take care and have a great rest of the summer. Jan

Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

My tree is very simple this year, not even a topper.  I should have had a fire going in the fireplace, but I have those later in the evening, about 7 p.m.  I wanted to get the photos before the twilight faded.  Using the "scene" setting on my ancient digital camera results in photos that can look too bright, but if I use natural light, they often come out too dark -- as witness below the difference between the "scene" setting in the first photo and the normal setting in the remainder of the photos.






Happy Holidays from Maison Newton.

No comments:

Post a Comment