Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Kitchen Reno: Black Woodwork???

Hola darlings!

I wasn't going to post again today but what the heck.  I have been watching the latest Property Brothers' adventure in New Orleans and last night watched the kitchen episode contest.  Holy Hathor!

Fell madly in love with Drew's kitchen and its dark grey walls and dark backsplash, and all of the reclaimed wood accents - but loved the art work in Jonathan's kitchen and the black painted woodwork he did!  Tres chic.  I've been thinking about it ALL day.

This Atlanta home featured in Traditional Home (2011) just totally blew me away -- check out the color schemes in the family room and kitchen, WOWSERS!



I was planning on painting the woodwork in my kitchen white to match cabinets that will be painted white as part of Phase II of the Kitchen Reno, which will happen sometime early next year (but first I want to get new countertops).  But after watching last night's Property Brothers, now I'm thinking I should just go for it and go dramatic with black wood trim and white cabinets.  Will I?  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment